In this final session on databases you will apply what you have learned about database design to the task of building a database to store the data in the archive you have been working on. Tutors will be available during this session if you run into difficulty but you should by now be able to build a working database in Filemaker Pro on your owm.
By the end of this session you should be able to:
- Draw an entity relationship diagram to model the entities and attributes in your archival collection.
- Use the ERD to define the tables, fields etc needed to represent the data in your archive, on paper.
- Create tables in FileMaker Pro and link them to create a relational database structure.
- Populate your database with your archival data.
- Publish your database to the Web.
Finish building a database of your archive material.
Follow this link to the PRDA Contents page to return to the module contents.
Back to the MA: Photographic History Main Page to return to the Course contents.